Sunday, August 23, 2009

Beading a little fun...


Do you know what this beaded item is?
It is a small leash for your scissors so you can find them easily amongst your work in progress.
They are actually very quick and simple to make.

Using a "lanyard" normally for cell phone charms you simply select the beads and/or charms you wish to dangle from your scissors.
My stork scissors I use while beading have a heart theme with a blue glass heart focal bead.
I just assembled beads for the newest one. Shades of purple. A glass focal bead, some glass flower beads, a purple glass heart bead and a silver plated "Made with Love" heart charm. Stack the beads on an eye pin and form a top loop that attaches to the lanyard. The newly completed lanyard is shown here without being attached to anything as of yet.
My friend Bev showed my one she had purchased for $7.99 and I made her one for quite a bit less than that price. It was my thank you for her sharing such a great idea.

Now you can give this a try if you like to bead. I think they will make great gifts and stocking stuffers this holiday season.
P.S. It felt so great to be creative and bead today. Even for only a very few minutes. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.