Saturday, November 21, 2009

Field of Miracles...

This is the famous leaning tower of Pisa. Yes in Pisa Italy. This is a very shaded photo and hard to determine the actual lean of the tower. Years of engineering and straightening the tower and it still leans...dramatically! When you are standing near the tower it is amazing. If you wanted to spend the Euros, wait in a very long line, and climb a lot of stairs you could actually climb up the tower. I did not. However I can imagine the view.
This photo shows the actual dramatic lean of the tower as it sits in the Field of Miracles. The large building just in front of the tower is a church. The building to the left was a hospital.

This is me after a very long day of walking and my little piggies were not only tired but they were almost blistered. That cool green grass felt so good.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to stand amongst so much history in this world we live in.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I can't image actually being there. It must have been mind-boggling and amazing!

    I'll be having a giveaway for my 100th blog post within the next few days so check in with me from time to time to join in on that. The prize isn't totally set yet but it will be a mixture of many different doodads and thingamajigs. I'll be posting my 100th post with my next post and all the details will be revealed then. This is just my way of giving back to the blog community who I have learned so much from. I've made some great friends through blogging and just want to say 'thank you' in blog lingo; best way to do that is have a giveaway! I'll also have new blog bling as I'm having a custom blog design installed and I'm totally excited about that!

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.