Thursday, December 3, 2009

Good Information re Gemstones...





Good day bloggers.

If you are unaware of this website http://www.firemountaingems.com/ then welcome. You have just reached your bonanza for beads, ready made gifts, and all sorts of invaluable information about beading and jewelry making.

I have been a customer of Fire Mountain for many years and I am not part of their staff however I love their service and products. So I want to share it with all of you.

They just recently did an article on Gemstone Enhancement Guide and it is very interesting. It may help you while you are shopping so that you can be more informed and not buy something that isn't what you really want. You can check it out here http://www.firemountaingems.com/encyclobeadia/beading_resources.asp?docid=GMSTNNHNCMNTGD&WT.fmg_linksection=621VJ91C8E0M&WT.mc_id=NL091201

I know this link seems long and tedious but the article is short and easy to read. I actually printed it out (just two short pages) and I will keep it in my 3-ring binder to refer to when my memory fails me and I need a refresher.

I have been busy in the studio and here is a gift I made myself (photo above top). The beads are vintage garnets from my girlfriend who is a January baby. Various beads and components from Fire Mountian Gems. And the focal bead is a signed KLEW (Karen Lewis) polymer bead I purchased at her studio in Tehachapi http://www.klewexpressions.com/. I so appreciate the time and talent KLEW put into such a beautiful bead. My girlfriend and I met Karen while we were at her studio and she was so nice and interesting and really spent time with us. I do apologize for the lighting and you all know I am not a professional photographer.
I hope this blog has been interesting and worth your time to read as I know so well that all of you are busy and have plenty to do in this month of overload and holiday happiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.