Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New Comfort Dolls...

Comfort dolls ready for mailing to Brenda.
I had been feeling neglectful because I had not made any for a couple of months. Inspiration had not come to me and I try to make new styles each time. The two in the middle back are similar to the previous bunch I made and donated.
Ahhh...thank you inspiration as I made the new heart shaped angels and are very pleased with how they turned out. A soft floral fabric cut and sewn into a heart and stuffed with super soft polyfill. The face is a wooden painted disk and I surrounded it with vintage pearls handstitched to the heart. Then I handstitched a ribbon bow on the back as the angel's wings.
Sew simple and sweet. I will definitely be making lots more of these.
Safe travels to your new homes. Comfort those who will be your new companions.
There are far too many battered women in shelters and I pray some day we will not need such shelters.
If you would like more information please click on the title to visit the Comfort Doll site.

8 comments:

  1. These are delightful and I am sure they will all bring comfort to those who receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea...and they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable-- and what a wonderful cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a kind thing you are doing.....and they are so darn cute to boot!!!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The comfort dolls are very nice..I know they will be loved dearly by the woman that receives them.

    I've been inquiring about my local shelter to find out their needs and to create something unique like this to lift their spirits.

    Thanks for coming by for a visit...have a wonderful day.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. So nice to read all the warm welcomes and responses.
    I see you are creating too. Don't you just love being busy like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those little dolls are precious. I love them! I have read about that project and will be making some little dolls this summer to be shipped off. I heart hurts when I read about people hurting...Dogwood

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.