Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Flowers...

Aren't these just the happiest flowers? I smile everytime I see them. It began with the petunias Mr. C gave me for Mother's Day along with some other potting flowers. I usually do not like to receive florist bouquets because they do not last and are sooo expensive. So the potting flowers were perfect as I can enjoy them for a really long time. The red geraniums and Royal Purple's are so vibrant and in the blue pot just look perfectly patriotic with the flag flying.
I do not know which geranium variety these are however I have never seen such a beautiful varigated color scheme. Oh Grandma I miss you as I should have paid more attention to your amazing knowledge of plants.

This little Saucy Chick is looking over her recently planted flower seeds. Hmmm...let's see if any of them sprout. She does have a couple of volunteer plants she watches over.
Flowers have always been such a bright and happy spot in my life. Here the critters eat everything that is planted so I have just a few on my upstairs deck for the season and they are doing a super good job of making me happy and smile.
I am off to bead in the studio. There is a necklace designing session waiting for me.
Which flower is your favorite or is it too hard to pick just one?!!
I do love them all.
Happy creating...


6 comments:

  1. I hope you had a very happy and safe 4th! Your flowers are just gorgeous...and so is that fence railing! What a glorious shade of blue! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and colorful flowers. Potted plants on the deck look so nice. Very cute saucy chick in the blue bucket pot!

    Have a fun day in your craft room.
    Dogwood.Cory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saucy Chick is cute! I think day lily flowers are my favorite. I like the simple shape and actually a lot of flowers have that same simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing,these would make anyone's day cheery. : )
    They are just beautiful !!
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,Laura.xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Sweetie...
    Beautiful share. Everything looks so gorgeous and decorated for the holiday and for Summer.

    I love your little chick. She sure makes that pot happy doesn't she? Just wait until all the seeds come up. She will clucking with delight.

    Hope you had a wonderful 4th sweetie.

    Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your flower pot gardern! With all of the deer troubles over the years, I too have pot gardening for many of my favorites! Your saucy chick is great! You'll have to keep us up to date with the seeds' progress!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.