Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thank You Received...

Back in September I posted about this Saucy Chick. One of my wonderful blog followers Diane commented if she could purchase one of these for her elementary school library so the students could have a prop for their "chicken unit" studies. I replied she could not purchase one however I would be happy to mail her the Saucy Chick for the students which I did.
Several weeks later I get a large envelope in my mailbox. Surprised I opened it to find all of this:
Photos of each of the classes enjoying reading time with Miss Saucy Chick. They all attend Grant Park Elementary School and are Pre K, Kindergarten and 1st Grade. Super cute aren't they!

Each student signed the card and I am in love with all of this effort that was taken to thank me. Miss Siebert even made this card and I was overwhelmed with her talents. The photo above shows the back of the Saucy Chick exactly as she was made with the fabrics. I thought how super cute and special is this. Then I turned the folder over and...

Here is the front of the chick exactly as she was sewn. I cannot believe how clever Miss Siebert made this from construction paper and some tape she even marked with chicken feet scratches all over. Very well done!
Please visit Diane and her "Lace Loving Librarian" blog which is linked with her name above. Her tatting talents are amazing.
Thank you Diane and all the students and Miss Siebert at Grant Park Elementary for such a wonderful and heartwarming thank you card. I shall cherish it forever. Those who know me know how much this card means to me. I used to be an elementary school teacher's aide when my daughter was little and I adore children and their enormous curiousity for learning.
To this day I love doing things for our local elementary school and I have adopted a class each year in a very depressed area of California that I donate supplies to. It is my tiny way of helping little ones have a chance at life with tools they can utilize throughout life and the challenges life brings.
November is upon us and it is always a month of Thanksgiving and gratitude. I have so much to be grateful for and I am very thankful.
Please share something you are grateful for.
Happy creating...



19 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like the card! The kids had great fun signing it. Of course some of them became the leaders in their classes and made sure that everyone signed their names correctly.

    Ms. Saucy Chick sits proudly next to The Library Dragon (book by Carmen Agra Deedy), a topsy turvy doll in the reading area. I was going to put her near the chicken books, but the students had the final say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing you did for the children. And what a wonderful response you have received from them. A treasure for sure. The card was so cute also very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific story!? I volunteer at a local elementary. I read aloud to students in the library. It is always so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thing to do for the school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! How cute! Thanks for the comment on my castle and I bought the little knob at a LSS and they were just in a wood crate so I'm not positive of the manufacturer..but I think 7 gypsies makes them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a heartwarming post! I got a little shiver up my spine when you turned the card over and there was your chicken in all its beautiful colors. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too sweet. Love the story of Saucy Chick and how you made lots of kids happy. Nice card that was made for you! All so creative and meaningful. Smiles to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post! How wonderful! THanks for your comment on my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful post - that is so neat that you sent them Saucy Chick and the wonderful response they sent you. :) How fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! What a wonderful thank you for such a kind and generous, thoughtful gift from you! Blessings to you, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful tale about Ms Saucy Chick! It is a heart-warming effort by all concerned. I am still smiling!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello sweet lady.....what a nice story.....kindness given and kindness received....I SO LOVE IT!!

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet you were to send them that adorable chick! I love the thank you card also. Diane is such a darling lady. I'm always amazed at the beautiful things she creates. What a lovely post! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh how darling!!! both your saucy chick and there Thank you they made, put a smile on my face. What a way to share the Love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful. Your generosity was returned to you ten fold. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute is that!!!! And how very sweet of you to send her the chicken. Goodnes prevails doesn't it. And the old saying of better to give than receive. Look at all the love you got back! Have a great week. So glad you loved the post about The Church were I went to the art event. It is truly amazing. If you would like to see more of it go on my sidebar & look under A Gilded Life. The church is truly a work of art & LOVE! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. great you are great!
    thank you and happy week

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhhh, what a perfectly lovely story. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.