Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Feeling Very Accomplished...


Today, Yes it is November 1st, I had a task to do and normally I am just too overwhelmed to begin.  However in my new state of being, I am finding ways to tackle even the hardest of jobs.  I know I have talked about the fact that Mr. C wants to move out of California.  Well in order to do so we must list and sell this home and property in order to begin anew in another state.  With that in mind...I am trying my best to make my home look like no one lives in it and for certain that no one makes any chaos out of any room...including a craft studio.  So...This is what I accomplished today.  Clearing my studio table which is approximately 5' x 9' in size.  I didn't take any before photos because I believe you have all seen it piled to the highest peaks.


Due to the size and weight of my desk and table I will not be able to take it with me.  I am hoping the new buyers will want to keep it enough to add a little money to the deal.  Mr. C made it and it took 6 strong men to carry it in and place it on the desk.  I have loved it and used it to cut out fabrics for Dress A Girl Around the World, make cards for Random Acts of Mail, make postcards for Love Notes, Angel charms for giving and a myriad of other assorted crafts and such.  Even Mr. C has  used this table for making cardboard templates and fixtures for his car building projects.  Mr. C built this room especially for me including the shelves to hold my bins of ephemera and treasures.  I will miss this room but I do believe I shall have another equally wonderful space for my Creative Bliss.


Here you can see the large oak cabinets that currently house too much stuff (where else was I going to put things?)!  These cabinets, total of 3, are not moving with us either. 


We have gotten an estimate from the local family run moving company (83 years in business) and it was higher than we thought.  Of course the last time we moved was 18 years ago.  So every ounce and box and piece of furniture has to be carefully selected for making the trip.  My bead podium with the printer drawers is going with us...except...I must put every little bin of beads in zip bags.  Now this will be a project.
We are not moving yet.  We have no idea when we will be able to sell and move.  We also have no idea what home will be available for us when we can move.  There are only two developments we want to live in and homes are rarely offered for sale.  We still entertain the thought of building our home, however, with the Real Estate market dead for our home here in rural Northern California we are not hopeful we will have sufficient funds to build. 
So I am here in limbo and not able to sew or craft or make a lovely mess of my rooms for who knows how long.  I have done all of this in preparation of the listing photo shoot.
Mother Nature has delayed our schedule due to lots of rain.  We need to remove 21 Rosey Glo shrubs from the front slope and yet it is too muddy to attempt yet.  Then we need a nice sunny day for the photos.  Somehow all will work out.  I am doing my best to visualize, "A Full Price Cash Offer with a 45 Day Escrow."  Yes, Please.  I know things will work out eventually and everything will be fine.  I just need to try to do my very best and not get overly stressed.  After all this is the busiest time of year for holidays and get-togethers with family and friends.  I shall EMBRACE all that Mr. C and I have worked so hard for in this life we share.  I am truly GRATEFUL beyond words. 
I wish for everyone lots of LOVE and BLISS...

24 comments:

  1. Well Sherry I hope you want to move as much as Mr. C. does? It is stressful to move and sell your home too. I wish you luck and hope it all works out at the perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine having such a wonderful space and not be able to use it for who knows how long. Wow - you're made of good stuff! I just hope you can find a buyer sooner than you think and can get your life back. I'm sure the buyer will be thrilled with the wonderful table and cabinets - hopefully it will appeal to another crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done- the space looks tidy, organized and appealing. Hope your sacrifice of keeping it "pristine" will pay off with some interested buyers soon! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you've shown looks wonderful and I am sure someone will LOVE your home and feel all the love you (& Mr. C) have put into your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks FANTASTIC!!! Good luck with the impending move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful craft room you have surely n added bonus to whoever buys your home. Loving the work table and the shelving is so practical. All the best for getting your home on the market and fingers crossed a buyer comes along and you found your new ideal home soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do well waiting for the next thing to happen but you are doing great. The room would be hard to give up except Mr. C is so very accomplished that I'm sure you will have another great creative place. High Five to you both! Now we just have to practice patience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you have ever shown of you home looks so very inviting. I am sure you will sell more quickly than you anticipate. If you want to leave CA, where do you desire to settle? Your craft studio is amazingly organized and a wonderful attraction.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have such a beautiful home made all the more beautiful with your own special touches and creations,, we sold our home and left behind so much, its a process for sure, somedays are easy some days are hard and you question your every decision, some days you wish you could just say forget it, we're staying but then the day comes when it all falls in place and you're moved and all is well. It will all work out and I hope for speedy process for you with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful work table. I make a big enough mess on a very small work table but I do miss having a nice large work top like that one. Best of luck with your new dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That studio is beautiful. I will keep my positive thoughts for a full price/45 day escrow for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be a wrench to leave such a beautiful craft room and table, but yes, there will be new things to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear Sherry, that is unthinkable that you can`T use your beautiful room, for maybe ....... you can created little things, and clean the table every evening, maybe :-) It looks so wonderful there, but I know you wants to move to another state, so I wish you luck from my heart,and that it will come sooner than you believe!! Look at me, at last I`m here, and my room was not as tidy, as yours, all the time ,lol!! Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sherry, I love your beautiful work table. It is the studio table of all times and I hate you can't take it with you. It will be a treasure to anyone moving in. I pray you find what's next soon as I know how stressful this can be. Best of luck and blessings in all you have ahead. Like you said, you will have a wonderful art studio in the next home wherever that may be.
    Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, your craft room is absolutely stunning, Sherry!! It looks amazing all clean and neat!! I would love to come craft with you there!! I pray that you are able to list it and find a quick buyer and move to your new dream home. I have faith that everything will work out for you and Mr. C!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are always so positive. Your craft room looks great. Maybe after pictures are taken, you can do small projects if you're careful to not make a mess. (Yeah, right). I hope it all works out for you. I like the full price cash offer plan, too. When I'm ready to sell mine, I want a cash deal! Hang in there! XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my, how gloriously neat and tidy your craft room is!!! Hope the sale goes through soon so you won't have to keep that "unlived in " look too long!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know how hard it is to leave things behind. I did the same when I did my move ten years ago. Leaving the old makes room for the new - whatever that looks like. Know that I am thinking about you through this process. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That table would be hard to leave behind because it looks amazing. I do find it funny that when selling a home we have to make it look unlived in. That is so hard when you live in it! I hope you get to have some creative bliss soon my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your studio table is fabulous and I know you will miss it. I sure hope a new buyer is a blogger and a crafter and will be thrilled with your cabinets etc.
    I sure hope it all happens quick and smooth for you. I don't think I could get my studio that cleaned up and organized

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, my dear sweet friend. I try again to comment and hope this gets through to you. I think of you so often, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for thinking of me and writing. My messages keep getting returned to me. I always think of you in your California home, so I am surprised to hear you will be moving! I hope you find the most perfect place to begin anew, my friend. You look well and beautiful in your photos, so I am glad that you are well. Mr. C too. I am writing a lot and enjoying my granddaughter, Andi, when I am not working. Love to you, Sherry. Blissful November...kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my Gosh. Its so organized!! What a Great job you did. A crafter's dream, no doubt it will help to sell your home. hope everything goes super smooth.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well Sherry best wishes getting your home sold. I moved out of California 12 years ago and love living in Washington. Your craft room is just wonderful and so organized.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. From previous shoots of your home and garden I'm sure that someone is going to fall in love with it just as you did all those years ago. A new start and a new adventure awaits you. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.